Wednesday, January 11, 2012

9.25.11






This week was an exciting one!








































I looooove watercolor. Growing up I remember being afraid of watercolor because unlike oil... once you make your mark, there is no turning back! Now I have grown to really love watercolor's natural qualities and am inspired by how the paint loosely moves around the paper. As I have grown more familiar with the medium, I have come to a realization that I can control the medium more than I thought. Awesome! So this week I have been working a lot with found objects. I find pure joy turning trash into treasure. I have cut up some of my watercolor pieces and am planning on using acrylic medium to glue it down to the surface of some metal sheets that I found. Art is really fun for me right now and I am so excited to feel this way!

No comments

Post a Comment

Ellie Hansen Newell. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.