Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Schmutz Re-Launch!

 We are proud to announce the relaunch of Schmutz watches! 
I am so excited to be a part of collaborating with artists to provide an affordable and collectible method of displaying art, by creating one of a kind watches.
Check out our kickstarter to view our video and watches.

There are 6 featured artists and you have the freedom to commission an artist of choice to paint your watch. 
I create abstracted imagery that is fundamentally tied to the exploration of my ancestry. Raised in Japan, I began to foster an interest in art, as drawing was a common part of Japanese youth culture. As I moved through college I began to discover the relevance of ancestral ties evident in my creative process. As part of that process I recycle found materials, a tradition I discovered was common to my samurai great grandfather.
Please join with us to support small local businesses!



The candy watch above is a painted by Erin Berrett and the geometric shape dial was painted by me. 




           We also made it on the local news!
         Thanks for all of your support!

No comments

Post a Comment

Ellie Hansen Newell. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.