Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 what am I trying to convey?

d o c u m e n t a t i o n

My goal in the beginning of my fall semester at BYU was to depict life’s progression by capturing these moments in art through watercolor's natural qualities by creating progression in patterns. I am inspired by how the paint loosely moves around the paper, reacting to itself. As I utilize what already happens with the paint naturally, my desire is to evoke such emotions within the audience that cannot be expressed through words: ideas of how our reactions to things outside our control shape who we become--a process that, in and of itself, is art.













This week has been a week full of experimentation. I have been working a lot with watercolor and acetone transfers and collaging. Every time I get stuck, I find myself painting on scraps of watercolor paper. It was really helpful to meet with Cassandra... I was able to gather my scattered thoughts and find some sort of direction to move forward in.



No comments

Post a Comment

Ellie Hansen Newell. All rights reserved.
Blog design by labinastudio.